Saturday, May 14, 2016

Bout of Books 16 Day 6

Here is the schedule of events for today:

TZC = Time Zone Conversion

9:30am CST (TZC) Morning Announcements with @boutofbooks
10am CST (TZC) Twitter Chat with @soulswallo
7:30pm CST (TZC) Evening Announcements with @boutofbooks

Challenges

Share Your Favorite Bout of Books Moment -- HERE

With the read-a-thon starting to wind down, we want to see some of your favorite moments. These could be from past BoBs or the present one. Did you connect with someone who would later become your BFF and partner in crime? Did a favorite author retweet you? Were you recommended a book that changed your life? TELL US ABOUT IT!

Twitter Chat Information

TZC = Time Zone Conversion
There is a Twitter chat today at 10am CST (TZC)
The chat will be hosted by @soulswallo
@boutofbooks is on standby

The chat will last one hour. You do NOT have to follow the host. If the host gets stuck in Twitter jail, she will take over the @boutofbooks handle.

We will use the Q1/A1 system. The host ask the question using Q1, Q2, and so on. You respond using A1, A2. EASY!

Updates

The way these updates work is that you post your progress for the previous day (today's link should be to your progress for the fifth day of the read-a-thon). Please include a DIRECT LINK to your update post.












If you have questions, please tweet us @boutofbooks or email us (boutofbooks at gmail dot com).

13 comments:

  1. Yes, I recommended a life-changing, super awesome, OMG-READ-IT-RIGHT-NOW book, which I read during the challenge and posted about on day 4. I'm also grateful for the opportunity to support Relay for Life, which happened yesterday (during the challenge-- actually set a book down long enough to make a donation). And I read an anthology from the IWSG, a few of whom I count as friends. The Twitter chat was fun on Monday, for me, because my fellow Pennsylvanians outnumbered everyone. (Probably. There were five or six of us at least.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won one of the challenges during the last Bout of Books which was really cool. :-D I'd say my favourite Bout of Books moment though is simply completing the Read-a-Thon and feeling good about all of the books I get through. It's a great accomplishment and really helps cut down my gigantic TBR. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bonded with a lot of people over the amazingness of A Court of Mist and Fury, and that was exactly what I needed after finishing the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite Bout of Books moments this year has been participating in the challenges. Seeing everyone's creative answers/photos.

    https://twitter.com/amyberrett/status/731512034924208128

    ReplyDelete
  5. The moment I finished Moby Dick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about Bout of Books, and it's why I participate every single time the read-a-thon comes up. I love being able to discuss books with people, as well as our progress throughout the week, and I also enjoy the challenges! My favorite moment during Bout of Books 16 so far is the fact that it helped me get over my reading slump (which it has done countless other times as well)! I challenged myself to read some books I had been putting off, and I am so glad that I did because my reading has picked up and I am LOVING them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I won one of the challenges of Bout of Books 14 and got to choose a free book from The Book Depository. I got Nimona by Noelle Stevenson and it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I won one of the challenges of Bout of Books 14 and got to choose a free book from The Book Depository. I got Nimona by Noelle Stevenson and it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember there being some fun challenges and stuff mixed with book recommendations from fellow reading booklovers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @BoutofBooks reaction to @_eHope signup then the fun gif response ;) Good FuN :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed the challenges. It was fun to see all the answers everyone had.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I....don't think I did it right? I couldn't make either chat, and aside from the daily fun tasks posted about here, I haven't found any of the challenges and events I thought there would be. I feel like I spent the week prioritizing my reading but missed whatever else was going on. *shrug*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Beth! The daily tasks we posted here were the challenges. You didn't miss anything! We did it differently than previous readathons due to lack of challenge hosts.

      Delete